Update on the Production
Updated: Wednesday, February 21, 2024
- We've created a Meetup group to help coordinate development of the production.
- We've added email signup to the website, so if you want to be kept informed proactively, please visit the home page and enter your email address.
- The production is being recast from scratch, which means that it will be a few months before we can open the show.
- The show will open in previews of segments from the production, a roughly 50/50 mix of live acting and multimedia.
- These previews will be used to further develop and refine the production, and you can be part of this process.
- The venues will all be in San Francisco.
- These limited previews will be only 30-45 minutes long, only involve three actors, and will take place in small, intimate venues such as dance and yoga studios.
- Maximum seating will be only about 20.
- We are now developing new material through our sister site, Storytelling Social.
- The first storytelling event through Storytelling Social is now scheduled for Tuesday, March 5, 7:30-9:00pm.
- We will also use the Storytelling Social site for cross-promotion.
- We've added an Instagram account.
- We have purchased a video projector so that we can perform the show in almost any space.
- We will have complete control of theatrical lighting, including dimmability, color control and special effects such as strobe and "police lights" in nearly any space we choose through a lighting kit that is controllable from a laptotp or phone over WiFi or Bluetooth.
- A new media form called a "QuoteMovie" will be included in the production at various points. A QuoteMovie is a movie made only of quotes. Despite consisting only of white words on a black screen, these movies have powerful psychological and emotional effects. Here is a quick example.
- Space DanzArte
- Fisher Studio